EC Tallinn 2005

Arutelu mälumänguteemade üle (Discussion Board)

Moderaatorid: aadu, Hallvatt

Kasutaja avatar
arko
Site Admin
Kontakt:

EC Tallinn 2005

Postitus Postitas arko »

While the English language webpage for the EC in Tallinn is being set up, here is the chance for our guests to ask and discuss about the forthcoming event. Please note, that to post your questions you don't have to be a member of this forum, but be so kind and include your name and country in the post.

Here's the schedule of events:
Friday, 4th November
14.00 - International matches, preliminaries. 50 questions
16.00 - Doubles EC, 50 questions
19.00 - International matches, semi-finals. 60 questions

Saturday, 5th November
10.00 - Individual EC, 73 questions
13.00 - International matches, finals. 90p questions
16.00 - 8th Aare Sirel Memorial, Teams EC. 60 questions

I hope your country co-ordinator has provided the basic information about our event.
Soon there will also be a English web page at the Estonian IQA site www.kilb.ee. We will let you know when that happens.
So if there is anything you have always wanted to know about Estonian quizzing or EC in Tallinn, this is the place to ask.
Sööge sooja saia väikese hulga kiiviga!
Prodigy

Postitus Postitas Prodigy »

Thanks for putting up an English thread on the EC, Arko, because my Estonian has become a bit rusty lately :D

I immediatly have a question for you: how will the preliminaries of the international matches be organised? Will teams be playing against eachother or will each team have to answer the 50 questions as a team, after which the 4 highest scoring team will go on to the semifinals?
Steven

Postitus Postitas Steven »

Arko,

I'm looking at giving a presentation on 'Quizzing in Belgium' with an explanation on how we do it here plus 56 quiz questions as examples (teams of 4 can participate) . If you could fit it around the schedule somewhere that would be great. It will take some 60-90 minutes (I think) but will only be in English.

Keep up the good work.
Kasutaja avatar
Nico

Postitus Postitas Nico »

Good idea, Arko, although I haven't got any practical questions at this very moment.
Kasutaja avatar
Nico

Postitus Postitas Nico »

I see you don't play late in the evening. Is it getting too dark? :o
Kasutaja avatar
arko
Site Admin
Kontakt:

Postitus Postitas arko »

To Prodigy: it will be the second kind. In the preliminaries all the teams will get the same questions, so this will be a typical written quiz.

To Steven: Perhaps Friday or Saturday after the main program?
Kasutaja avatar
arko
Site Admin
Kontakt:

Postitus Postitas arko »

Yes, Nico, the classical quizzing time in Estonia is Saturday noon :)
I think in Tallinn we'll leave the best part of the day (the evening) to the best quizzes (the unofficial ones) :wink:
PeterV

Postitus Postitas PeterV »

Why 73 questions for the Individual EC?
And only 60 questions for the Teams EC?
Kasutaja avatar
Prodigy

Arko is soon going to regret the day he opened an English thread on his forum, swamped as he is by Belgian quizzers (and their questions):D

Here's another question: how will the individual tournament be organised? Straightforward individual quizzing, a knock-out system or a Champion's League system (first rounds: pools, then knock-out)?
Viimati muutis Prodigy, 04.09.2005, 22:51, muudetud 2 korda kokku.
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate
Kasutaja avatar
arko
Site Admin
Kontakt:

Postitus Postitas arko »

73 = 6 x 12 + 1 tie breaker
Usually we have games with 50 questions and with a lot of thinking time. This is just the Estonian way.
Kasutaja avatar
arko
Site Admin
Kontakt:

Postitus Postitas arko »

The individual tournament will be a modification of the Ghent system. Instead of head-to-head competition there will be groups of four with the two best proceeding to play for the higher places and the two other for the lowers.
AleyPat
Kontakt:

Postitus Postitas AleyPat »

Indeed a good idea for the different countries to give a showcase of the type of quizzing that's practiced. We'll get to know the Estonian type in the EC for teams I suppose. What about our English / Norwegian / Dutch / Finnish / Russian / ... friends?

Well, adding-on to the already crammed official program, will be another matter ....

Let's give it a try?

Do the English bring their buzzer?
Kasutaja avatar
Prodigy

arko kirjutas:The individual tournament will be a modification of the Ghent system. Instead of head-to-head competition there will be groups of four with the two best proceeding to play for the higher places and the two other for the lowers.
:clap: :clap: Indeed, which is what I called the 'Champion's League system', which builds in a game element, but also a bit of fairness (thus preventing types like me of ending too high in the tournament, like happened last time in Gent :mrgreen: )
Steven

Postitus Postitas Steven »

Prodigy kirjutas:swamped as he is by Belgian quizzers (and their questions):D
Since when are you a Belgian quizzer, Derk?
Kasutaja avatar
Prodigy

Steven kirjutas:
Prodigy kirjutas:swamped as he is by Belgian quizzers (and their questions):D
Since when are you a Belgian quizzer, Derk?
Let's say that, culturally speaking, I'm a Belgian quizzer, because Belgian quizzes is all I've ever played; I just happen to have a Dutch passport lingering in my drawer ...
Suletud