EC Tallinn 2005

Arutelu mälumänguteemade üle (Discussion Board)

Moderaatorid: aadu, Hallvatt

Kasutaja avatar
Wise Old Owls
Kontakt:

Postitus Postitas Wise Old Owls »

polt kirjutas:... Arsenal is hit in estonia now.
Yes, but they are a French team. They are no more English than your 'Russian' teams playing in Estonia.

And as for losers, no team has won more points and scored more goals in the history of top flight English fooball than Everton. Arsenal may never have been relegated but they bought their way into the English top flight after finishing 5th in the old second division. They have no soul, not like the 'People's Club' aka 'the School of Science' :lol:
A good man in an evil society seems the greatest villain of all (Old English Proverb)
Kasutaja avatar
Wise Old Owls
Kontakt:

I think you perhaps need to learn that with freedom comes responsibility. That aside, the use of the 'N' word is wholly unacceptable in polite society.

:shock: :x
A good man in an evil society seems the greatest villain of all (Old English Proverb)
Kasutaja avatar
polt
Kontakt:

Postitus Postitas polt »

If i said in estonia black-must, the people think i mean dirty, ugly. If i said nigger-neeger -they mean People from Africa. Do you understand?
Arenege!( Ka taandareng on areng!)
Kasutaja avatar
Wise Old Owls
Kontakt:

No I don't understand. Why not just say 'African' instead of using foul language.

How should I describe you? Are you an Estonian Internet 'troll'?
Kasutaja avatar
polt
Kontakt:

Postitus Postitas polt »

No iwe havnt use word african-aafriklane.because we have intelligent people and we know in Africa lives arab and whiteman too.Neeger is nigger!
Arenege!( Ka taandareng on areng!)
Kasutaja avatar
Hallvatt
Kontakt:

Postitus Postitas Hallvatt »

palun lõpetame juba.
Kasutaja avatar
Matis
Asukoht: Kilingi-Nõmmes loomulikult. Iga lõngus elab ainult siin
Kontakt:

Postitus Postitas Matis »

Hallvatt kirjutas:palun lõpetame juba.
Suscribe:
Yes, please ending now
Mulle meeldib, kui ema käitub spartalikult
Kasutaja avatar
tauno

Postitus Postitas tauno »

Returning to more urgent and normal questions: do you know how many people are coming 1-2 days earlier or staying longer? I think some people are ready to organize groups for sightseeing and researching local gastronomic delights
Külaline

Postitus Postitas Külaline »

While one guy arrives on Wednesday 2nd and some arrive Friday 4th, most of the Brits are arriving on Thursday 3rd November. A number of us will not be returnign home until the Monday, so we will have the Sunday free for sightseeing (and the football, as appropriate).

I do know two guys are staying until the Wednesday (9th).

About 10 of us are on an early flight from Stanstead to Tallinn, arriving around noon on the Thursday. I suppose then there will be a group keen to go out that afternoon - i.e. after they check into the hotel and before the civic reception (if it happens) and/or the (informal) quizzing in the evening.

What can you suggest for a first afternoon in your fair city ?
Külaline

Postitus Postitas Külaline »

P.S. Previous posting by Wise Old Owls/Chris Jones
Steven

Postitus Postitas Steven »

Our first guy (Nico) is arriving on Tuesday, a couple of guys are returning on Monday and one Wednesday.
Steven

I'll be giving a presentation on quizzing in Belgium, which will include 56 typical Belgian question for teams of 4.

The target audience are non-Belgians (but of course they can participate too), there will be no entrance fee and no prizes (maybe something for the first team).

If possible I'd like to know or have an estimate of many teams will be attending this quiz / presentation (will take 60-90 minutes).
Kasutaja avatar
tauno

Postitus Postitas tauno »

I think 10 teams is is an optimist evaluation, there would be more, but english is an obstacle for many
Kasutaja avatar
Wise Old Owls
Kontakt:

Steven,

I think you can expect 6-8 teams of Brits (as long as the questions are not as hard as those in Ghent :wink: ).

Cheers

Chris
Steven

English is a foreign language for me too, so I'll try to make the wording in the questions not too difficult.

As for the level of difficulty: there will be difficult questions and there will be easy questions. But on the whole it will be a lot easier than the evening quiz in Ghent. But obviously all questions will have an internationa flavor.
Suletud